There’s a clear point in time when your self-publishing journey pivots from Pre-Sell into Launch Stage. Launching a children’s book is often considered a one-time event that happens on a specific day. In this episode, though, you’ll learn that is not the case at all.
In fact, if you have listened to the previous two episodes, then you already know that you’re ready for all the action involved with releasing your children’s book during this stage. It’s what you have been waiting for, and so that cart is open, books are ready to ship, and promotions are just the beginning.
But before we get started, I want to address the unexpected hiatus between the last episode in this series and now. Due to my family contracting COVID-19, as much as we tried to avoid it the inevitable could not be escaped. Though it was a challenging time, we’ve recovered and I’ve learned valuable lessons about preparation and automation. There is much work to be done on that front, indeed!
Now, let’s jump back into the three-part series on the children’s book marketing launch stages. We left off with the Presale Stage, and today we’ll be focusing on the exciting action of the actual book launch. You’ll learn the five key activities you should do during this stage. So, let’s dive in and explore all the steps you’ll need to take. If you want a handy checklist to accompany this episode, be sure to download our free resource from my website. And don’t forget to subscribe and rate the podcast to show your support.
Now, let’s get started!
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- An explanation of the 2-month long hiatus between this episode and the previous.
- The first thing you’ll want to do during this stage of your children’s book launch.
- What to tell your readers, even if it seems repetitious.
- How to leverage audiences that exist within different social circles outside of your own.
- What happened recently that makes building an email list during Launch more essential.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Schedule a Strategy Session to learn more about printing direct
- Check out the crowdfunding campaign I used during pre-marketing.
- Episode 9: Breaking down the launch of your children’s book starting with Pre-marketing
- Episode 10: What to do as you move into the Pre-sale Stage of Your Book Launch
Rate, Review, and Subscribe
“This podcast is very informative! Micaela does a great job on informing self-publishers on how to market their book and manage their social media accounts which I really needed help on. Thank you Micaela”
~ A review shared by Bella_caprireads on August 6, 2021
If this thought has crossed your mind as well, then please take a moment to rate and review my show on Apple Podcasts! This helps me support more self-published children’s book authors – just like you – to give them a better handle on how to use marketing to reach more of their ideal readers.
It takes just 2 minutes. All you have to do is click here, scroll to the bottom to select five stars, and then choose ‘Write A Review.’
Oh, and one last thing. If you haven’t already subscribed to the podcast, I’d like to encourage you to do that today, too. I want you to know first when new episodes release, since there’s a chance you may miss out if you’re not getting those pulled into your podcast feed automatically. Click here to subscribe to Apple Podcasts.